Venue: New Delhi
organized by: Knowledge steez, India , ECLER Romania, IHM SAW, Bangladesh and YHRI, Nepal
The International Conference on Clinical Legal Education, Legal Aid and Human Rights 2020 is an attempt to discuss various ways in which social justice can be assured and ensured to the people around the globe through Clinical Legal Education and Legal Aid. While the notion of Human Rights is one of the most debated topics these days, Clinical Legal Education and the concept of legal aid are also gathering momentum especially in developing countries. Clinical Legal Education is seen as an effective tool for law teaching and social justice but the potential of this tool has not been realized completely and till date this form of legal education has remained underdeveloped or undeveloped in many counts. The problems faced by law clinics and legal aid cells are multi facet and there are ambiguities in the approaches adopted by clinicians and tutors.
Apart from Clinical Legal Education and Legal Aid, the conference will also focus on contemporary issues and challenges of Human Rights Law both at international and national level. Today Human Rights issues have gained a significant importance and occupied a pivotal position in policy considerations at the national and international level. However, after 70 years of enactment of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR) world has witnessed numerous human rights violation such as refugee crises, torture, slavery, denial of transgender rights and the alike. The rights of women and children are also ignored in many different ways. All these issues have posed with various challenges and have given rise to the need of discussing the effectiveness and better implementation of the provisions of the laws of human rights.
This conference will serve as a platform for law clinics and legal aid cells; members, teachers, professors, students, human rights activists and lawyers from all over the globe to come forward to reflect upon and address various issues faced by them in their approach towards access to justice. Apart from plenary sessions, this conference will also ponder over our response towards such challenges and to be aware of what approaches are adopted in different countries. There will be special sessions conducted by senior faculty members chosen for exceptional contribution in legal aid education to share their experience and the approach adopted by them to tackle the problems faced.
- Clinical Legal Education: Opportunities and Challenges
- Approach towards Justice Education
- The role of Legal Aid Cells and Law Clinics in bridging the gap between theory and Practice
- Role of Clinical Legal Education in improving Access to Justice
- Role of Clinical Legal Education in catering to needs of society
- Impact of Globalization on Clinical Legal Education
- Role of the Bar and Bench in the Development of Clinical Legal Education in India Street Law and its development in Asia
- Initiatives and Innovations in Clinical Legal Education
- Working of Legal Aid Clinics and discussing measures for effective functioning of the Legal Aid Clinics
- Use of new technologies in Teaching Law
- Use of Clinical Legal Education Pedagogy in Law Teaching
- Challenges to Clinical Legal Education in Europe and America
- Challenges to Clinical Legal Education in Asia and Africa
- Challenges to Clinical Legal Education in developed and developing countries
- Role of Social Media in legal awareness
- Human Rights of Women and Children
- Right to Abortion : Issues and Challenges
- Surrogacy v Marital Rape
- Child Labour, Child Sexual Abuse
- Human rights of Sex Workers
- Human Rights of Transgender Community
- Status of Indigenous People and Racial Discrimination
- The Minorities and Human Rights
- Human Rights of Manual Scavengers
- Modern ways of Human Trafficking
- Conflict between IPR and Human Rights
- Human Rights of Migrant Workers
- Human Rights of Aged and Disabled
- Role of NGOs in advocacy for Human Rights
- The Right to Privacy and Human Rights
- International Humanitarian Law: Contemporary Challenges
- Refugee Crisis: Issues and Challenges
- Environmental Rights
- Interface between Human Rights, Environment and Development
Kindly note that the above list is not exhaustive and session proposals on any title related to Human Rights can be submitted.
Participation: Rs. 1000/-
- Students: Rs. 1200/- (Co-author : Rs. 2000 for both authors)
- Research Scholars, Faculty Members and others: Rs. 1500/- (Co-author: Rs. 2500 for both authors)
- Presentation in absentia: Rs. 1500(Co-author: Rs. 2500 for both authors)
With Accomodation: $ 200
Without Accomodation: $150
- Mode of payment will be mailed to the participants after selection of their session proposal/Abstract.
- Certificates will be awarded to all people including Non-presenters but attendees.
- Co-Authors have to register separately (Maximum of two co-authors are allowed).
International Delegates who are willing to be a part of this conference can apply for
- Registration fee waiver.
- Accommodation grant
- Registration fee waiver and Accommodation grant both
To apply for registration fee waiver and accommodation grant, the participants are requested to send the waiver application form along with session proposal latest by 30th April 2020. The waiver application form is attached along with the brochure.
It is to be noted that Knowledge Steez reserves the sole right for selection of the waiver applications of the candidates and the selection procedure cannot be put into question.
- Last date for submission of Session Proposal: 25th March 2020
- Last date for registration: 30th March 2020
- Last date for registration for Foreign delegates: 20th April 2020
- Conference date: 26th July 2020
Convener: Dr. Father Peter Ladis F.
Co-Convener: Dr. Navt ika Singh Nautiyal and
Ms. Swati Kaushal
Program Coordinator: Mahak Rathee( Ph: +91-7782044252)