About The university
Established in 1952, the University of Southampton is a world-leading university located in Southampton, England. It offers a wide range of academic degrees spanning academic degrees for bachelor’s in a variety of degrees and master’s degrees as well as junior doctorates and higher doctorates.
The Centre for Electronics Frontiers at the University of Southampton is offering a scholarship to assist local and international students who wish to begin their PhD degree in Large Area Nanoelectronics.
This PhD scholarship aims at exploring advanced materials and novel nanopatterning techniques to develop the next generation of nanodevices.
- All nationalities
- PhD degree in Large Area Nanoelectronics
- To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- They must have MEng/MSc (or equivalent, or near completion) with first-class honours or distinction in Engineering, Physics, or a closely related subject.
- EU/Overseas applicants should achieve an IELTS score of 6.5 with at least 6.0 in each competency.
Funded scholars will receive support for their tuition fees, a bursary to cover living expenses (£18,000 tax-free per annum for up to 3.5 years) and a Research Training Support Grant for research consumables and conference attendance.
How to Apply
- To participate, the applicants need to take admission in PhD Nanoelectronics (Full time) as the programme to the university. After taking admission applicants must complete the online application form for the position.
- Research Proposal, Curriculum Vitae, Two reference letters and Degree Transcripts must be submitted.
- For admission, applicants must have a master’s degree from a recognized university.
- Students need to demonstrate that they have a good level of written and spoken English. Click here for information.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
fax : +44(0)2380593131