ABOUT ICFAI LAW SCHOOL
The ICFAI Law School, a constituent of the ICFAI University Jaipur was established in the year 2015 with an objective to deliver qualitative legal education to the new generation of legal professionals. The department offers BA-LL.B. (Hons.), B.BA-LL.B. (Hons.) five year integrated course and LL.B. three year course.
For the last few decades, the changes in legal environment have paved vibrations in the minds of the people and created apprehensions. People started perceiving this constitutionalism differently and started debating as such the concept of constitutionalism has started metamorphosizing. In the light of this background, the ICFAI Law School, Jaipur propose to revisit evolution of Constitutionalism and evaluate it in the light of various challenges. It also expose and explore some myths of constitutionalism by organizing thought provoking seminar with the title ‘Transformative Constitutionalism: Apprehensions and Perceptions’ to study contemporary issues and challenges covering the emerging developments in constitutional values, constitutional perceptions and in toto the Constitutionalism and apprehensions of the citizens.
“TRANSFORMATIVE CONSTITUTIONALISM: APPREHENSIONS AND PERCEPTIONS”
- Evolution of Constitutionalism
- Constitutionalism in the current decade
- Impact of judiciary on the constitutional transformation
- Socio-political background of constitutional transformation
- Significant factors for constitutional transformation
- Comparative study of transformative constitutionalism
- Economic and Constitutionalism
- Constitutionalism and Basic Structure of the Constitution
NOTE: The above key-themes are only suggestive but not exhaustive. The participants may submit their research papers within the broad areas of the key-themes of the seminar.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
The abstract of the paper should contain 300-500 words mentioning the objectives and methodology of writing the paper with 5-6 keywords shall have to be provided accompanied by the brief profile of the author indicating:
2. Title of Paper
3. Name of Author(s)
5. Institute / University / College/ Organization
6. E-mail Address
7. Postal Address and Contact Number
Full Research Paper
· Final Paper shall be between 5000-6000 words (inclusive foot notes).
· All submissions shall be in MS Word format (.doc or .docx) in Times New Roman font (Main text: size 12 and double spaced, Footnote: size 10 and single spaced on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides.)
· Mode of Citation: For Law Professionals and Students – 20th Bluebook Citation
· Co-authorship is permitted with a maximum of two authors only.
· In case of co-authorship at least one author must attend the seminar to present the paper.
· The Paper or any part thereof should not have been published earlier. Any incidence of plagiarism will result in disqualification of the entry.
· Submission of full paper is mandatory for paper presentation at the Seminar.
Abstract: Abstract of the paper should be submitted to the convener of the seminar at [email protected] (in Ms Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to organizing Committee on or before 15th March, 2020 by 23:59 hrs.
Full Paper: Soft copy of the full paper along with abstract should be submitted via email to [email protected](in Ms Word format) along with a covering letter addressed to organizing Committeeon or before 25th March, 2020 by 23:59 hrs. A hard copy of the full paper along with registration form must be submitted on the day of seminar.
Submission of Abstract/Demand Draft/ Registration Form(Soft Copy Only)
15th March, 2020
Confirmation of Abstract(Via Email)
18th March, 2020
Submission of Full Paper(Soft Copy)
25th March, 2020
Date of National Seminar
04th April, 2020
Students and Research Scholars
2000/- INR (With Accommodation)
1000/- ( Without Accommodation)
Academician, Professionals and Others
2500/- INR(With Accommodation)
1500/- (Without Accommodation)
Presentation in absentia
Note: Co-Author has to register separately.
Payment can be made through Demand Draft drawn in the favour of “The ICFAI University, Jaipur” payable at Jaipur and must be sent to:
- Account No: 020205003950
- Type of Account: CURRENT
- Name of the Account: THE ICFAI UNIVERSITY, JAIPUR
- Name of the Bank: ICICI BANK
- Branch: JOHRI BAZAR JAIPUR
Note: Kindly mail about the fee details i.e. RTGS/ NEFT number, Date & Bank details after registration for the National Seminar.
For any details and query contact to the following:
1. Mr. Hitesh Manglani- Faculty Convenor
+91-9057211851, +91-9085334800 (M)
2. Ms. Ameesha Singh-Faculty Co-Convenor
1. Mr. Vishal Karnani-Student Convenor
2. Mr.UtkarshPareek-Student Convenor
Note:Mail us at [email protected] for further clarification regarding the seminar.
For Brochure Click here.