The Maharishi University of Information Technology (MUIT) was established under MUIT Uttar Pradesh Act No. 31 of 2001 notification no. 573 dated 06 October 2001. The MUIT has its main campus in Lucknow & other campus is located in Noida. MUIT has been recognized and included in the list of Universities, maintained by the UGC under section 2(f) of the UGC Act, 1956. The Noida campus of the University offers B.Sc. in Animation & Multimedia with Life Skills, M.Sc. in Animation and Multimedia with Life Skills, B.Tech in Computer & Data Science, B. Tech (Computer Science) & Engineering, M.Sc. in Data Science, P.G. Diploma in Data Science, BBA-LLB, BA-LLB, LLB & LLM Courses. Our university has a central library which is a depository library for the International Society of International Law (ICRC) and on vedic literature.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS
Seminar is looking forward for proposals in form of abstracts from Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers, Research Scholars and Students. The Abstract should not only address the Key issues but also highlight different views and arguments in current scenario. The abstract should expressly include the novelty of the idea that the writer wishes to put forth. This should furthermore categorically mention the specific outcome of the research paper; however, it should provide the existing literature with the practical utility of author’s recommendations.
THEME & SUB-THEMES
I. CRIME AGAINST WOMEN
1. Violence against Women
2. Role of Feminism in changing social norms.
3. Workplace Harassment
4. Domestic Violence- Issues & Challenges
5. Rape & Assault (Rape Amendment Bill)
- Custodial Rape
- Marital Rape
- Rape Amendment laws
6. Dowry Death
7. Female Foeticide & Infanticide
8. Female Genital Mutilation & the Laws
9. Human Trafficking & Prostitution
10. Devdasi System in India- Historical Background and Supreme Court’s stance
11. Cyber Crimes against women and prevention.
12. Prevention of crimes against women in India and challenges.
13. Termination of pregnancy- Forced Abortion.
14. Prevention of crimes against women- International Commitments.
15. Legal changes towards justice for sexual assault victims in modern India.
II. CRIMINAL JUSTICE SYSTEM IN INDIA & SAARC COUNTRIES
1. Justice to Victims & Fair Trial
2. Rights of Accused
3. Reformation of Criminal Justice System
4. Moral Policing in India and in SAARC counties
5. Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
6. Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
7. Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
8. Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
9. Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgements and technological advancements.
10. Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
11. Hostile Witness
III. TRADITIONAL AND NEW CRIME
1. White Collar Crimes
2. Police Atrocities
3. Honour Killing
4. Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
5. Organised Crimes
6. Economic Crimes
7. Technology, crime and its changing patterns.
8. Cross border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
9. Mob Lynching
10. Domestic Violence Against men
11. Homosexual Rape
12. Male Sexual Abuse & Law relating to it
IV. CRIME RELATING TO INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
1. Cyber Crimes in India In Consonance with Laws of Developed Countries
2. Cyberterrorism/ Hate Speech on Social Media & Its Conviction as Per Indian Criminal Law
3. Technology crime related to online games
4. Cyber Fraud & its Prevention
V. CONSTITUTIONAL CHALLENGES
2. The Transgender Persons (Protection of Rights) Act, 2019
4. Right to Privacy & Aadhar Linkage
5. Revoking of Article 370
6. Uniform Civil Code
7. Right to Life include Right to Die- Issues & Challenges wrt Sec. 309 IPC
VI. CRIME AND PUNISHMENT REVISON
1. Juvenile Delinquency
2. Capital Punishment- Abolishment of Death Penalty
3. Custodial Torture
4. Gender Neutral Law
5. Revision of punishment provisions of deterrent theory
6. The Role of Forensic Psychology in Criminal Justice
WHO CAN PARTICIPATE?
Indian as well as foreigner Academician, Corporate, Bureaucrat, policymakers, journalist, representatives of Government Organizations, civil society/NGOs, Lawyers; Research Scholars and Students from various fields, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the seminar.
Co-Authorship up to a maximum of four authors is allowed.
How to Participate?
The abstract should not exceed 350 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
· Title of the Paper
· Name of the Author(s)
· Name of the Institute
· E-mail Address
· Postal Address
· Contact number
- Final Paper- The soft copy of the final research paper must be submitted in .doc/.docx format to [email protected] with the subject “Research Paper Submission”.
- A cover letter- mentioning the Title of the paper and relevant sub-theme, Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the college/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email address and Contact Number. Apart from the cover letter, there should not be anywhere mention of any of the details of the author/s. The file name must contain the name of the author(s) along with the name of the paper. (“Name of the author” _ “Name of the research paper).
- Registration Form– All the participants are required to send the scanned copy of the registration form with the copy of the scanned payment receipt/Draft.
- The soft copies have to be sent at [email protected]
- The hard copies of the cover letter, registration form and the payment receipt to be submitted at the time of on the spot registration.
- Anti-Plagiarism Policy- Maharishi Law School, Maharishi University of Information Technology, Noida in keeping with the mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
- The selected author must carry 4 hard copies of their papers, for submission to the panel member, along with I-Card of the concerned university/ college.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5.
- The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing 1.0
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides.
- Citation style: Bluebook, 20th Edition.
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words, (excluding the footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc).
- All the abstract submission is to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010. Full paper has to be submitted in pdf.
Registration fees (Per Candidate)
The registration fee including registration kit, lunch, tea break, etc., excluding the accommodation, is as follows:
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,000/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 750/-
(1) For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,500/-
(2) For Participant – Rs 1,250/-
(1) For Paper presentation (student)- 1,500/-
(2) For Paper Presentation (professionals)- 2,000/-
Once the payment has been made, please take a screenshot of the transaction and mail it along with the scanned copy of the registration form to [email protected] separate registration needs to be done for co-authors.
- Payment through online transfer
Name of the Bank: Corporation Bank
Account No.: 520101221978271
IFSC code: CORP0000533
- Payment through Paytm & Phonepe @ 9793200993
- Submission of Abstracts by: 22nd February, 2020
- Notification of selected Abstracts: 2nd February, 2020
- Submission of full papers by: 28th February, 2020
- Last date for Registration via E-Mail: 04th March 2020
- International Seminar Date: 14th-15th March 2020
USE Reference of “AcademicBridge” while submitting abstract.
Contact Details- +91- 9792600921, +91- 9472434013, +91- 9897164809
Venue- Maharishi University of Information Technology, PO- Maharishi Nagar, Dist- GB Nagar, Opp. Sector- 110, Pin- 201304 Click here to see at GMap.
MyLawman & AcademicBridge is proud to be the media partner of this event.