ABOUT THE INSTITUTE
The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education, Hyderabad, is a Deemed University established under Section 3 of UGC Act, 1956 and accredited by the UGC NAAC with “A” Grade. IFHE offers Management, Engineering and Law Courses.
ABOUT THE LAW SCHOOL
The ICFAI Law School, IFHE, Hyderabad is a promising destination for the students desirous of making law as their dream “Career”. The ICFAI Law School is a significant segment of the IFHE and recognized by the Bar Council of India.
ABOUT THE SEMINAR
The fundamental goal of competition law is to protect the process of competition in markets for consumer welfare. The Competition Act (Act) casts a duty on the Competition Commission of India (CCI) to eliminate practices having adverse effect on competition, promote and sustain competition, protect the interests of consumers and ensure freedom of trade carried on by other participants, in markets across sectors in India.The main aim of organizing this Seminar is to bring forth novel issues, that hound effective implementation of competition law in the country and are detrimental to the economic growth and consumer welfare and to suggest the way forward.
- Anti-Competitive Agreements: Challenges and Enforcement
- Competition Law: Sectoral Regulations
- Competition Law and Corporate Restructuring
- Competition Law and Technology
- Competition Law- Emerging Trends
- Lesser Penalty Regulations: Effective Implementation in India
- Cartels: Challenges and Enforcement
- The Menace of Bid Rigging: Regulation by CCI
- Lacunas in Effective Investigation by CCI
- Dawn Raids: Power of Search and Seizure Under Competition Act
- Enforcement of Competition Law in Pharmaceutical Sector
- Enforcement of Competition Law in Telecommunication Sector
- Enforcement of Competition Law in Automobile Sector
- Enforcement of Competition Law in Airlines Sector
- The Economics of Merger Review in India
- E-Commerce and Competition Law: The Interface
- The Rise of Internet Accessibility and Competition
- Trade Associations: Industry Association or Collusion?
- Comparative Analysis of International Competition Law with Indian Law
- Overlap of Competition Law and Sectoral Regulators
- Inter-play Between Intellectual Property Rights and Competition Law.
The list above is only suggestive but not exhaustive. The participants may submit their research papers within the broad areas of the theme of the conference.
Academicians / Professionals: Rs.1500/- (with accommodation)