The “The Politics of Inequality” Cluster at the University of Konstanz invites applications for Postdoctoral Fellowships for a duration of 12 months each, during which Fellows will pursue individual research projects. The earliest starting date is 1 October 2020. In principle, each position can be divided into two part-time positions. We explicitly encourage candidates from Non-OECD member countries to apply.
About Project and University
“The Politics of Inequality” is a Cluster of Excellence at the University of Konstanz. The Cluster’s researchers investigate inequality in areas such as education, employment and political rights. They study how people perceive these inequalities, how they lead to collective mobilization, and how political actors respond to them. Applications are open to excellent postdoctoral researchers (minimum requirement: doctoral thesis submitted) with a keen interest in the Cluster’s concepts and lines of research. We are looking for individuals who are expected to have a strong impact on the field of inequality research in the years to come. We encourage open-minded candidates interested in interdisciplinary research with the ability to actively seek collaborations beyond their own discipline.
- Proposal for a research project (max. 4 pages) to be pursued during the fellowship
- Curriculum Vitae and a list of publications
- Certification of a completed doctoral degree or submitted thesis (issued by the main doctoral advisor)
- Names of two potential referees
- The Research Proposal should include information on the research question(s), methods, potential follow-ups, the feasibility and relevance of the project and its fit with the Cluster’s interests
- The application may include a short letter of motivation detailing the reasons why becoming a Fellow would be especially helpful to the applicant’s career and research, and to the Cluster
19 January 2020, 12:00 CET
Jessica Haase, Managing Director: jessica.haase(at)uni.kn
For Frequently Asked Questions, please consult the FAQ section.