Ruhr Graduate School of Economics invites applications from motivated and eligible international candidates for Ph.D. Admissions for the year 2020-2021 and the last date to apply is Mach 23, 2020.
There is no application fee. There are no tuition fees.
Accepted students generally receive financing to cover living expenses, usually in the form of scholarships of €1400 per month (or Rs. 13Lakh INR) or – generally after the first year of course work – in the form of teaching or research assistantship.
- Applicants should have an excellent academic record and should have obtained or expect to complete a Master’s degree in Economics or related disciplines, such as business administration, mathematics, statistics, physics, engineering etc, before the start or our program in October.
- The degree program should include a written thesis, written or oral examinations, and course work.
- A strong background in quantitative and analytical methods is necessary for the completion of our program and a successful application.
- Knowledge of German is not essential. For applicants without a German secondary school diploma (“Abitur”), a GRE (Graduate Record Examinations, General Test format), a GMAT (Graduate Management Admission Test), or any other internationally accepted test that measures basic verbal, mathematical, and analytical skills is highly recommended.
How to Apply?
- A complete application consists of an application package provided by you and at least two letters of recommendation provided directly by university professors, instructors, lecturers, or other academic researchers.
- Candidates are requested to send the filled-in application form by email to [email protected] and to the Mailing Adress: RGS Econ, RWI, Postfach 10 30 54, 45030 Essen, Germany.
- Your application will be reviewed by a selection committee, consisting of members of the RGS Faculty
- Starting on April 4th, 2020, RGE will notify you of the status of your application and may invite you for an interview on location or via skype.
- To download the application form, click here.