About the University
Maharashtra National Law University, Mumbai is a Law University located at Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. It is the 18th National Law University established in India by The Maharashtra National Law University Act 2014, passed by Maharashtra Legislature under the Maharashtra Act No VI of 2014.
Organising Center is CRCJ (Centre for Research in Criminal Justice) of which advances Research in the field of Criminal Law and Justice.
About the Workshop
In furtherance of the aims of CRCJ (Centre for Research in Criminal Justice) is organizing One Day Workshop on 16th November 2019 at MNLU Mumbai Campus at Powai.
Session A: Customary Practice of Triple Talaq
Session B: Constitutional and Judicial aspect regulating of Personal Laws
Session C: Practical Implications of the Muslim Women (Protection of Rights on Marriage) Act, 2019
Speakers for the Programme
- Ms. Ishrat Jahan, Petitioner in the Triple Talaq case.
- Prof. Narayan Rajadhyaksha – Former Dean Faculty of Law, Former Principal, New Law College, University of Mumbai.
- Prof. I.A Saiyed, Law Faculty & Author of a book on Muslim Law.
- Adv. Sajjan Oommen, President, Family Court Bar Association, Mumbai.
- Adv. Rubeena Rizvi, Director, Rizvi Group of Institutions.
- Adv. Z.A. Mukhatiar, Advocate.
- Ms. Asma Shaikh, Advocate & Women Rights Activist.
- Dr. Mohammed Salim Khan, Faculty KLE Law College, Mumbai.
Participation fee (Breakfast and Lunch Included)
- Early bird registration fee (On of or before 20th October 2019: Rs. 1000 per participant
- Late Registration (From 20th October 2019 onwards): Rs. 1500 per participant
Registration Form must be mailed to:
CC mail to finance[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in
with the requisite fees.
Account Details for payment of fees through NEFT
Name of Bank A/c: Maharashtra National Law University Mumbai.
Axis Bank A/c No.: 915010046322292.
IFSC Code: UTIB0000233.
Branch: New Marine Lines, Mumbai 400002
For any queries contact: Ms. Khushbu Kiran (kk[at]mnlumumbai.edu.in +91 7739226670)
Click here for Official Website.