From the rise of polarised politics and the decrease of confidence in institutions, to the global shifts in economic power and technological development, the law must deal with a world that is increasingly becoming more and more complex. In these times of complexity and change, the law must respond to diverse challenges by incrementally regulating, proactively restructuring or even radically transforming established institutions and practices. These times demand insightful reflection about the role of law in governing society, economy, environment, technology, security and other fields. Submissions may include any original contributions that examine a broad range of issues and challenges ranging from human rights, climate change, Brexit, cybersecurity, the refugee crisis, crises faced by international dispute resolution institutions, domestic institutions etc., and how the law could respond to these challenges. This conference intends to foster theoretical and interdisciplinary reflection about the role of the law, and participants are encouraged to submit abstracts that fall under this broad theme of “The Role of Law in Challenging Times”.
The Role of Law in Challenging Times
School of Law, University of Surrey, Guildford, UK, GU2 7XH.
This conference is free of charge to all attendees.
- Submit an abstract of no more than 300 words by 31st December 2019 at [email protected].
- Please submit your abstract in a separate PDF attachment and indicate your name, affiliation(s) and research area(s) in your email.
- Proposals are selected based on their quality, originality and engagement with the theme.
- The notification of acceptance will be send to the participants by 15th February 2020.
- Last date for submission of full paper by 20th April 2020.
- The date of the conference is 9th May 2020.
- followed by afternoon wine reception, networking lunch and dinner.