The Department of Law, Technology, Markets and Society (LTMS) Tilburg Law School, Tilburg University has a vacancy for a postdoctoral researcher (1.0 fte, 2 years). We are looking for someone with the interest and ability to do interdisciplinary research in the fields of law and data analytics.
The selected candidate will contribute to the research program ‘From Regulating Human Behavior to Regulating Data’. This project is part of the Digital Legal Studies track within the sector plan for Dutch Law Schools funded by the Ministry of Education, Culture and Science. This position fits within the Legal AI project, an interdisciplinary project that aims to understand the impacts of AI on the Dutch legal system.
The successful candidate
- Speaks fluent Dutch (C1 level or above)
- has a PhD in either Science and Technology Studies (STS), media studies, philosophy, law or relevant social scientific field
- has experience with interview-based and ethnographic research methods and interdisciplinary communication
- has demonstrable ability and interest in the translation and communication of research findings between the technical and social scientific/humanities communities;
- has strong communication and writing skills, including publications commensurate with the stage at which the candidate finds themself in their career but which are indicative of a strong ability to publish in the best academic journals;
- has experience with or is interested in working in an interdisciplinary environment (affinity and experience should be evident from the candidate’s education or past performance in teaching, research or publications);
- a ‘BKO qualification’ for those applicants currently working at a Dutch University is considered as an advantage;
Employment terms and conditions
fixed period of two years. Depending on the candidates’
salary will vary between € 3,637 and € 4,978 per month
Information and application
The application must include:
- a curriculum vitae;
- a motivation letter;
- a list of publications, and a copy of the three best or most relevant publications of the applicant;
- the names and addresses of three referees. Referees will be contacted for shortlisted candidates only.
Applying for this vacancy can only be done online. The application must be submitted via the link at the bottom of the page before the 5th August. Job interviews will be held on 27, 29 or 30 August at Tilburg University or through Skype.
Specific information about the vacancy can be obtained from Dr. Linnet Taylor ([email protected]) or Dr. Merel Noorman ([email protected]).