The Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship is an opportunity for working professionals to immerse themselves in the public education system of the country for a period of one year. During this time the Fellows work at some of the most remote locations in India, exploring the nuances of public education by teaching in a government school in rural India.
The Fellowship journey, as experienced by many, is a rich amalgamation of learning about education, contributing on the ground as well as transforming careers. This experience helps develop an understanding of the ground realities of our public education system and provides a platform to contribute.
The Fellowship is open to working professionals from diverse fields who are committed to social change. If you are doing exceptional work in your field of choice and are now looking for meaningful ways to contribute to social change, do read our eligibility criteria and apply.
* You will be placed in a school in one of our locations where you will engage with teachers, community and education functionaries.
* You will be teaching in a dedicated classroom for at least 150 days. You will also get to experience our work throughout the year. [Learn more about our work here]
* You will build your understanding by reading and discussing on the issues of education.
We welcome passionate people from a variety of backgrounds. Individuals are eligible to apply if they have:
* 4 to 10 years of work experience.
* Degree in any discipline.
* Proficiency in English and any one of the local languages (Hindi, Kannada, Tamil, Telugu).
* Applicants need to be below 35 years of age, willing to travel within the district and ready to be posted in the districts we work in.
To know more about the Programme we encourage you to read the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs).
* Post completion of the Fellowship, Fellows can continue to work with the Azim Premji Foundation in various capacities.
* We need passionate and committed individuals to work with us towards our vision of a just and equitable society. In the past more than 80% of our Fellows have decided to stay back with Azim Premji Foundation and contribute to the public education system. They have been placed in one of our District Institutes.
* Many who decided to part ways continue to contribute to the development sector by either working for a not-for-profit or supporting a cause while pursuing their corporate career.
Last date of application is 31st July, 2019
Azim Premji Foundation
# 134, Doddakannelli
Next to Wipro Corporate Office
Bangalore – 560 035
Phone: 1800 274 0101 (Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 6:00 pm)(except on public holidays)