Building on the transformative experiences from two important annual international conferences on restorative justice in 2017 and 2018, Nepal Forum for Restorative Justice (NFRJ) is pleased to announce calls for presentations for its third edition for 2019. The theme of the 2019 edition is “Restorative Justice and Gender-based Harms” and will be held in Kathmandu (Nepal) from November 27-29, 2019.
Like in the previous editions, the Third Nepal Conference on Restorative Justice aims to bring together practitioners and scholars working in the field of restorative justice (and allied areas) to discuss and explore ways to address and transforming gender-based harms and violence that we see as pressing issues of the day. This gathering is expected to important also in terms of exploring pathways for a wider (local, regional or global) movement of restorative justice and social change.
- Restorative justice and gender-based violence and gender justice
- Restorative justice and sexual abuse
- Restorative justice and victims of trafficking in persons
- Restorative justice and conflict-affected women
- Restorative justice as a (global) movement for social change and gender justice
To submit a proposal, please email an abstract of no more than 300 words to NFRJ Conference Committee at [email protected]. Please include your brief bio and contact addresses along with the abstracts.
- Deadline for submission of abstracts: August 1, 2019
- Registration fee: USD 25 (or 2500 Nepalese Rupees)
- Venue: TBD
- Participants are expected to cover their travel and accommodation expenses.