About University and Seminar
PES University, located in Bangalore, India, is one of the country’s leading pedagogic and research universities. The Faculty of Law, PES University recognizes the importance of the spirit of enquiry and on the occasion of the 70th year of the Republic of India, would like to reminisce at this juncture the evolution and the working of the Indian Constitution. In pursuit of the aforesaid, the Faculty of Law, PES University will be conducting a National Seminar on “Indian Constitution @ 70” on 29th and 30th of March, 2019.
Themes and Sub Themes
As this seminar embark to review the governance and functioning of the Constitution of India in the seminar, the following sub-themes are proposed:
- Transformative Constitutionalism
- Organic Charter of Progressive Rights
- Judicial Review / Indian Judiciary
- Centre-State Relations
- Secularism vis-à-vis Religious Pluralism
- Election and Electoral Reforms
Papers regarding the above-mentioned sub-themes can be submitted for discussion at the seminar subject to the following submission guidelines.
The abstract shall not exceed 300 words, and must be accompanied by a cover page, stating the following:
- Title of the Paper and sub-theme
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institution
- E-mail Address and Contact number
- Postal Address
The abstract will be subject to rejection if found plagiarized.
- Co-authorship is permitted to a maximum of two authors. However, both authors need to register separately. In the case of co-authorship, at least one author must attend the conference to present the paper.
- No Proxy presentations are allowed.
The paper must be accompanied with the following details:
A cover letter mentioning the Name of the Author(s), Course, Year of Study (if applicable), Name of the College/University (if applicable), Professional Position (if applicable), with Postal Address, Email Address and Contact Number.
- The main text should be in Times New Roman with font size 12 and line spacing of 1.5. The footnotes should be in Times New Roman, font size 10 with spacing of 1.0
- One-inch margins should be maintained on all four sides
- Citation Style: Bluebook, 19th Edition
- The maximum length of the paper shall not exceed 3500 words, (excluding footnotes/end notes/annexure/reports etc.)
- All abstract submissions are to be made in Microsoft Word (.doc) 2007/2010 format. Full paper has to be submitted in PDF.
Method of submission
All submissions for the seminar have to be electronically mailed with the subject as “Submission of Abstract/Submission of Full Paper”, as the case may be, and bearing the name(s) of the author(s) as the file names, only at the following address: [email protected]
Participants must fill in the online Registration form and attach a copy of the scanned Demand Draft or a screenshot of the online transaction payment. The payment details along with other instructions will be mailed across to author(s) of selected abstracts.
The Faculty of Law, PES University in keeping with its mandate of publishing original material, adopts a stringent anti-plagiarism policy. Any paper containing any unattributed work is liable to be rejected.
Cover letter, Registration form and DD/screenshot of Online Transaction payment should be sent in both hard and soft copies. Soft copies of the same to [email protected] and hard copy to the following address:
Asst. Prof. Ranjeet Mathew Jacob, Faculty Coordinator- National Seminar 2019, Faculty of Law,
Panini Block 4th Floor, PES University, Outer Ring Rd, Banashankari 3rd Stage, Bengaluru, Karnataka – 560085
You may also like... [LAST DATE UPDATED] 2nd International Seminar on Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice in South Asian Countries 14-15 March by Droit Penale at MUIT, Noida [Submit by 22 FEB 2020]
|Submission of Abstract||20th February 2019|
|Communication of Selected Abstracts||27th February 2019|
|Last date of Registration||15th March 2019|
|Submission of Full Paper||15th March 2019|
|National Seminar||29th – 30th March 2019|
|Students (Co-Authorship)||Rs. 1500|
|Research scholar / Academician / Professional||Rs. 2000|
|Research scholar / Academician / Professional (Co-Authorship)||Rs. 3500|
The Registration Fee includes:
- Seminar materials
- Working lunch
- Refreshments during the days of the Seminar.
Note: The Registration Fee does not include accommodation. However, accommodation details on request shall be provided on acceptance of the full papers, subject to additional charges. Please note that Registration Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance.
Mr. Sumanth Girish: +91 8310754196, Ms. Swastika Sai: +91 8848618045
Mr. Hrithik Hegde: +91 7348943470, Ms. Bhoomika YS: +91 8296469849