School of Legal Studies, Babu Banarsi Das University is organizing two days International Seminar On Criminal Law & Administration of Criminal Justice System: National & International Commitments on 9th and 10thof March 2019.
- Causes of Crime Against Women.
- Feminism, its kinds and Feminist Awakening.
- Harassment at workplace.
- Domestic Violence.
- Rape and Assault (Rape Amendment Law)
- Custodial Rape
- Marital Rape
- Rape Amendment laws or Rape Laws in India
- Dowry Death.
- Female Foeticide and Infanticide.
- Female Genital Mutilation and the laws.
- Human Trafficking & Prostitution.
- Devdasi System in India- Historical Background and Supreme Court’s stance on it.
- Cyber Crimes against women and prevention.
- Insult to Modesty.
- Prevention of crimes against women in India and its challenges.
- Termination of pregnancy- Forced Abortion.
- Laws relating to Obscenity and indecent Representation of Women.
- Prevention of crimes against women- International Commitments.
- Lacunas in investigation and trail procedure of rape survivor and victims of other forms of abuse.
- Reflection of Judicial Sensitivity- Role of Judiciary in prevention of crimes against women
- Recommendation on Women’s Access to Justice.
Criminal Justice System
- Justice To Victims & Fair Trial
- Rights Of Accused
- Reformation Of Criminal Justice System
- Moral Policing In India
- Dilemmas in criminology and criminal justice.
- Criminal Justice technology in 21st century- crime prevention and policing
- Trends and issues in crime and criminal justice
- Contemporary crime discourse and depiction.
- Criminal jurisprudence in India in wake of Supreme Court judgments and technological advancements.
- Jurisprudence aspect of theories of punishment in modern days
- Hostile Witness
Traditional and New Crime
- White Collar Crimes
- Police Atrocities
- Honour Killing
- Race, Ethnicity, social structure and crime.
- Organised Crimes
- Economic Crimes
- Technology, crime and its changing patterns.
- Cross border and Transnational Crimes: Complexities
Crime Relating to Information Technology
- Cyber Crimes In India In Consonance With Laws Of Developed Countries
- Cyberterrorism/ Hate Speech On Social Media & Its Conviction As Per Indian Criminal Law
- Technology crime related to online games
- Section 377 I.P.C, Section 497 and LGBT Rights
- Transgender Bill, 2018
Crime and Punishment Revision
- Juvenile Delinquency
- Capital Punishment- Abolishment Of Death Penalty
- Criminalization Or Decriminalization Of Attempt To Suicide In India (Section 309 I.P.C)
- Custodial Torture
Law and Psychology
- Psychology and Crime
- Psychology and Criminals
Who can participate
How to Participate?
- Title of the Paper
- Name of the Author(s)
- Name of the Institute
- E-mail Address
- Postal Address
- Contact number
- For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,000/-
- For Participant – Rs 750/-
- For Paper Presenters – Rs 1,500/-
- For Participant – Rs 1,250/-
- For Paper presentation (student)- 1,500/-
- For Paper Presentation (professionals)- 2,000/-
- Submission of Abstracts by: 31st January, 2019
- Notification of selected Abstracts: 2nd February, 2019
- Submission of full papers by: 28th February, 2019
- Notification of selected papers: 03rd March, 2019
- Last date for Registration via E-Mail: 04th March 2019
- International Seminar Date: 09th-10th March 2019