What: International Conference on Climate Change: Exploring the Multidisciplinary Contours
When: 9-10 March 2019
Where: National Law University and Judicial Academy, Hajo Road, Amingaon, Guwahati.
In 2015, NLU Assam has established the Centre for Environmental Legal Advocacy and Research [CELAR] which has continuously aimed at imparting legal environmental knowledge through various activities in the past. The Centre has collaborated with various governmental and non-governmental bodies for projects in North-East India. The Centre also has its own publication namely the Lex Terra and its own magazine named the Green Advocate, with a team of extremely enthusiastic administration, faculty and students, the university has been aiming towards achieving excellence in the field of environmental law in the coming years.
Climate Change is one such discourse, which has evolved massively in the last two decades. The entire timeline of UNFCCC is proof of several key milestones in the evolution of global climate policy, which includes a series of Conferences. These global meetings range from small sessions to large COPs (Conference of Parties decisions).
Climate negotiation is one such unique forum, where not only individual states but also like-minded countries came together as a group. During COP 21, in 2015, governments agreed to mobilize stronger and ambitious climate action to attain the goals of the Paris Agreement.
India and especially North East India, have witnessed several climate disasters in last one decade. The problems of floods, water shortage, depletion of natural resources, loss of natural biodiversity reserves, the rise in GHG emissions and temperature and many more.
We, in the field of academics and research, acknowledge and believe that there is a dire need to scale up global response to climate change. In order to do the same, commitments from all stakeholders and actors are necessary, including those propelled via Lima Paris Agenda.
The concept behind this international conference draws its inspiration from all the aforementioned conferences, where multilateral discussions on climate change matters took place. Taking place on 9th and 10th March 2019 in National Law University and Judicial Academy Campus, Guwahati- Assam, this will be the first multidisciplinary international conference on multi-faceted aspects of Climate Change to showcase the multidimensional contours of Climate action across several disciplines of academic and research studies.
- Global Climate Change Negotiations: International Legal Framework [Journey from the UNFCCC to the Paris Agreement]
- Cardinal Elements of the Framework Convention on Climate Change [Mitigation, Adaptation, Land Use, Land Loss and Damage, Technology Transfer, REDD, Capacity Building, Climate Finance, Climate Justice, Climate Technology and the Gender Dimension]
- Impact of Climate Change on Natural Resource Management
- Socio-Economic Aspects of Climate Change
- Human Rights Dimension of Climate Change
- National Legal Framework on Climate Change
- Impact of Climate Change on Biodiversity, Himalayan Ecosystem, Agriculture, Wildlife and Marine Environment.
- Analysis of the nexus between different aspects of International Dimensions and National Dimensions on Climate Change.
- Pricing Carbon pollution- Emission Trading and Reduction from Pan-Canadian Framework
- Energy Security and Canada’s stand for green energy
- Complementary Mitigation Actions of Canada
- Pathways to Canada’s 2030 Climate Action Target
- Indo- Canadian joint initiative- bilateral and international cooperation to address climate change and secure a clean energy- International Solar Alliance initiative.
Students, Researchers, Academicians, Practitioners, Any other delegate who is interested in the subject matter and wishes to participate.
- Submission of Abstracts deadline: December 5, 2018
- Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: December 16, 2018
- Submission of Full Paper: January 31, 2019
- Early Bird Registration: till February 7, 2019
- Final Registration: till February 20, 2019
- Conference Dates: March 9-10, 2019
Submit an abstract of your paper highlighting the questions that will be dealt with in the paper.
The sub-theme has to be mentioned while abstract submission.
The abstract must not be more with 500 words (including 4-6 keywords) and must be accompanied by the details of the author(s), containing their email address, contact number, and postal address, designation of the authors, should be sent to the Members of the Organizing Committee as provided below.
Co-authorship is restricted to two members only.
The papers have to be submitted in soft copies only through [email protected] and should be ‘copied’ to [email protected] and [email protected].
Abstracts demonstrating a high level of research and imminent relevance will be selected.
The notification of the acceptance of the abstracts will be sent via e-mail to all those whose abstracts will be selected.
All those whose abstracts are selected will be required to submit their final papers by this date, including all supplementary documents that they wish to present along with the paper (eg: report, diagrams, etc.).
Final Papers must maintain the word limit of 5,000-7,000 words (inclusive of footnotes). The supplementary documents will also be included in this word limit.
The Body of the paper should be written in Times New Roman, Font Size 12, Line Spacing 1.5 and Footnotes in Times New Roman, Font Size 10, Line Spacing 1.
The Citation must be in OSCOLA 4th Edition. The Authors should strictly adhere to it.Registration
All registrations will be complete only after the payment for registration is made
A copy of the payment slip must be sent to [email protected] when it is done
Participants must also inform the Organizing Team about their travel dates, along with intimation of fulfilling visa requirements in case of international delegates.
You may also like... Shri J.P. Gupta Memorial- 3rd AUMP National Moot Court Competition, 2019 [Register by 2 Sept]
- Students/Researchers [Paper Presentation]: Rs. 2,000/-
- Students/Researchers [Participation only]: Rs. 1,500/-
- Academics/Practitioners [Paper Presentation]: Rs. 3,000/-
- Academics/Practitioners [Participation only]: Rs. 2,500/-
- NLUJAA Scholars [Paper Presentation]: Rs. 750/-
- NLUJAA Scholars [Participation only]: Rs. 500/-
- Delegates [Participation only]: Rs. 1,000/-
- NLUJAA Faculty [Paper Presentation]: Rs. 1,000/-
- On-spot Registration: Rs. 2,000/-
Online payment portal will open soon with the Conference Website very soon. We request you to stay updated and follow the university website for further updates.
Email: [email protected]
Ms. Juri Goswami: +91-9706788987
Ms. Adrita Bhuyan: +91-7663917434
For official brochure, click here.